So you’re pregnant? Congratulations! While pregnancy is an exciting time you may be feeling overwhelmed by the many choices concerning nutrition, exercise, and treatment options for the aches and pains of pregnancy. Let us help you navigate the choices and challenges of pregnancy with our individualized programs and treatment.
At SmartLife Physiotherapy Clinic we offer a holistic, well-rounded approach to help you with the challenges and concerns commonly experienced before, during and after your pregnancy. Whether you want to ensure you have a great pregnancy or you’re looking for post-partum support for you or your baby, we can help.
Our team approach to your care ensures that all aspects of your health can be addressed. Our pre/postnatal team of practitioners includes physiotherapists, massage therapists, acupuncturists and naturopathic doctor.
Individualized program of 3-10 education and treatment sessions are catered towards your specific needs and expectations. Small-group education classes include a combination of lectures and practical exercises. Treatment sessions are one-on-one sessions with any one member of the pre/postnatal team of practitioners, depending on your needs.
Education Program includes:
- Process of labour and birth – signs of labour, when to go to hospital, breathing, exercises and relaxation techniques.
- Comfort measures – pain management (all options presented), birthing, and relaxation techniques.
- When things don’t go as planned – information on inductions, caesareans, forceps, vacuum, breech, episiotomy, and laceration.
- Immediate care of mom and baby following birth – includes the baby’s bath, post-partum blues, breastfeeding, and bottle feeding.
Treatment program include:
- Treatment for sciatica, back pain and other pregnancy related pain.
- Nutritional advice.
- Treatment to reduce general pregnancy aches & pains.
- Exercise programs to help during your pregnancy and prepare for labor.
- Exercise programs to help prepare your body for the physical demands after baby arrives.
- Treatment to reduce fluid retention.
- Labor preparation.
After baby arrives…
The arrival of a new baby is an exciting time, but it can also be a little stressful for you if you don’t take proper care of your body. Our postnatal programs are tailored to help you stay healthy, centered and energized while meeting the demands of being a mom.
Education/Treatment Programs include:
- Treatment for aches and pains.
- Exercises to reduce the physical strains placed on your body from feeding, carrying and lifting your baby.
- Regaining your core strength…safely.
- Nutritional advice.
- Strategies to de-stress.
- Breastfeeding support and nutrition.
- Pelvic floor training
Visit us or call us today to ask how SmartLife pre- / post-natal program can help you achieve your personal best!